Installing Developer Server on NT

From: David A Lease <lease_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:50:26 -0500

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have installed Oracle Developer Server on an NT machine. We have installed the Reports Server as a service, but when we try to start the service we receive the following error:

"The Developer/2000 Reports Server [repserver] service returned service specific error 186."

The log file states the following:
*** Server is starting up.

  • Daemon failed to listen to port.

The documentation points out there is a problem with the tnsnames.ora or sqlnet.ora files. However, we have tried the suggested entries with no luck. Should the entry in tnsnames identify the machine and port of the Oracle instance, or the NT machine running the Reports Server?

Additionally, we want to run the reports from the web. We have installed Oracle Developer Server with the 'deployment' and 'server' options specified. Do we need to install any additional software (such as Oracle Application Server) to run the reports from the web?

Thank you,
Dave Lease
University at Buffalo Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 21:50:26 CET

Original text of this message