Re: PB + Oracle 8.0.5 = Poor Performance

From: Andrew Schonberger <andrew_sc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 05:48:47 GMT

There was some discussion in the Powerbuilder forums about this.

I'm quoting from an posting written by a Sybase employee:

In powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database "Dan Skibba" <skibba_at_sybase.com> wrote:

>The 6.5 version of the OR8 driver contains fixes to all major problems
>discovered with the 6.0.00 beta version. This driver is, however, is only
>compatible with Oracle 8.0.03 client. If you are using 8.0.04 or greater,
>you will need to use the O73 driver (in conjunction with the 7.3.XX Required
>Support Files from Oracle).
>
>Also, technical document 47763 ("PowerBuilder and Oracle8) address the
>various Oracle8 features and which are supported by the PB native Oracle 8
>drivers.

The technical document refered above is at:

http://techinfo.sybase.com:80/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=47763

In other articles, people have complained about slow performance, cause by the PB driver failing to close the cursor after a DW retrieve.

So, try using a different native driver, presumably the PB060O73.DLL

Andrew Schonberger