Re: Procedure Builder - Terrible Performance

From: Roger McIlmoyle <roger_mcilmoyle_at_woodbridgegroup.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:23:48 -0600

Even though you have a 'fast' connection to the internet, you have not mentioned what type
of access the oracle server has to the internet and the firewalls that might (should) be in place. You will be constrained by both ends your's and the servers. Otherwise, your connection is TCP/IP and it has no way of knowing that you are in the office or on the road.

The only other item that might be in you way is the firewall and any priority queuing that might be inplace to maximize certain traffic and limit others.