OracleAgent backup problems with 7.3.3 and NT4

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/11/28

Hi,

[Quoted] I've a couple of machines that have problems with running OracleAgent.

The first just gives unable to start style messages - things may be complicated by the fact that we're running our database on an NT cluster. [Quoted] [Quoted] How do I get some more error messages from this agent?

The second database seems to work, at least discovery works fine. However, [Quoted] when I try to run a backup job from the console (having used the backup [Quoted] wizard from the data manager) I get a 'Failure to Authenticate' message.

I have created a new user to run the oracleagent service, and I have set the preferences tab to this user for this node in enterprise manager.

Any thoughts?

Andy
P.S. Please email a copy of any replies as my ISP seems to have trouble with these newsgroups! Received on Sat Nov 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message