D2kwutil and 'host' problems in Forms 4.5

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 13:36:17 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] I've a couple of problems - maybe they are related.

I have been using the win_api.winexec procedure to do some prints of files. [Quoted] On my machine I have no problems. When this is run from a client machine (also Win NT4), I get a user-defined exception raised.

So, I swapped out the winexec call with a 'host' call to do the same thing [Quoted] - again, no problem with my machine (apart from the ugly DOS box). On the client machine I have mixed results - often I see the message 'Incorrect DOS version' and the print fails.

The host command I use is 'command /c print /d:\\machine myfile.txt'.

Any ideas as to what is happening here?

Andy Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 14:36:17 CET

Original text of this message