Re: Can't update database

From: Jan-Marcel <jan-marcel_at_wau.mis.ah.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:10:31 GMT

This concerns the so called pragma restrict reference which should be stated in your stored procedures and functions. A clear explanation can be found in Steven Feuersteins book PL/SQL programming (O'Reilley Press)!
Quyen Lam heeft geschreven in bericht <364E6A7A.EE5C57C6_at_powerup.com.au>...
Hi Michael

I am not sure what kind of error did you  get. I assume that you may not have access to that function, compilation error or no 'Commit' after insert.

Hope this will help

Cheers

Quyen Lam

Michael wrote:

 When I execute a function that calls a procedure with an insert statement in it, I get the errormessage that the function does not guarantee that the database is not updated. I want to populate a table whith calculations based on data from several other tables. I must use a function to call the procedure because I use it in Discoverer. Discoverer only accepts functions. Is there any way to work around this errormessage, so I can use the function?

Thanks for any input.