Resilient Forms?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 20 Nov 1998 06:51:55 GMT

Hi,

How do I make my Forms more resilient to loosing their database connection e.g. through loss of database server, network failure, etc.

At the moment, such failures result in a Form failure - forced rollback, etc and sometimes the login box appears.

We are running our Forms on Win95 touchscreen consoles, so we have no keyboard input.

Ideally, the Form should be able to retry until it is successful or return to a specific form. I've tried adding a logon command to an on-error truigger for the the Form, but this doesn't seem to work - we appear to get multiple logon attempts until the machine just hangs.

Any suggestions?

Andy Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 07:51:55 CET

Original text of this message