Re: Reporting Tools?

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 19 Nov 1998 03:31:44 GMT

[Quoted] Other than the learning curve, there is nothing wrong with Oracle Reports. [Quoted] It is the most productive reporting tool on the market in the hands of a good developer. SQR is also a serious prodction reporting tool. Pro [Quoted] Reports from Planinum and IQ are reasonable but not as deep as Reports. With [Quoted] Crystal, you will spend a lot of time writing to temp tables because of tool limitations.

[Quoted] Performance problems are usually a function of the developer, not the tool. That is certainly the case with reports as you have a lot of control over how the product behaves. I think Reports is the most unjustly maligned product on the market. Certainly 2.0 sucked, but 2.5 was very productive and [Quoted] usable, and 3.0 is great (mainly because of the templates and wizards).

--
Paul Dorsey
[Quoted] Dulcian, Inc.