Re: Format of output in SQL*Plus

From: Richard Hull <rich_at_work_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:45:05 -0500

I always add the following lines to either each script or the effective login.sql file:

set tab off
set trimout on
set trimspool on

Tabs are always messing up my output. The last two lines both speed up output and reduce the size of spool files because they make SQL*Plus NOT pad its output to <linesize> characters.

Regards,
Rich.