Experimenting with VBX controls

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremyr_at_no-spam-today-thanks.dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 18:49:55 GMT

I'm trying to use a VBX control (Vsvbx.vbx) in a D2K form - this control is provided with Forms 4.5. This control is claimed to provide a tabbed dialog interface. I'm using Forms with PO 8.0.4 on Windows '98.

I can create the space for the VBX control in the layout editor. I'm then setting the VBX Control File property to

          'C:\Windows\System\Vsvbx.vbx'

[ the file exists in that location ]. When I then click the dropdown arrow against the VBX Control Name property, I'm getting this message:

        FRM-15504: Cannot retrieve list of VBX control names.

Oracle's Forms Messages and Codes manual says this:

	FRM-15504: Cannot retrieve list of VBX control name.
	 Cause:	Unable to locate list of VBX control names.
	 Action:	Reinstall VBX control files.

The same message is displayed if I use the following file name as the Control File property:

        C:\Oracle8\FORMS45\DEMOS\START\Vsvbx.vbx

This 2nd location is where the Forms 4.5 install program places a copy of the VBX.

A D/2000 book that I have and Oracle Book both indicates that I'm doing this correctly - do you have any other information about how to use VBX controls within D/2000. I'm also trying to figure out whether I can use OCX controls - not to use OLE but to make use of Visual Basic interface items such as spin buttons. I've tried to examine the Powerbrowser application provided as a demo, but I can't seem to get that to work properly either.

This is driving me nuts - please let me know if you've got any ideas?

Thanks in advance ...

Jeremy Received on Mon Nov 09 1998 - 19:49:55 CET

Original text of this message