Re: Calling Copy command from strored procedure

From: Kresimir Fabijanic <kresimir_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 23:26:09 +1100

Salman

I am sorry, but there is no direct interface between PL/SQL and external world in the Oracle 7.3 (I believe there is in Oracle8). To achieve what you want to do, you will have to either use user escapes or try to use PL/SQL and access the table using database link, using PL/SQL to massage your data (if your other database is accessible from Oracle - you may need to throw some money on some 'gateway product' - Oracle software), or use your Powerbilder application to talk to the both databases (although I am not familiar if is it possible to connect to two databases from the Powerbilder or not) or use Pro*C (or any other pre compiler) and connect to both databases and load data..

Kresimir Fabijanic