Re: Oracle 8 and MS Access 95

From: Jorge Meirim <transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:20:27 -0000

Have you have tried plain ODBC:
If you have Sql*Plus read something about the command copy. I prefer to do it by ODBC:(I think you want to create, you can also use insert or append).
Connect your self into sqlplus (oracle db)

"copy from admin_at_odbc:your_odbc_namecreate  your_ORACLE_table_name-
-
select * from your_ABCESS_table_name;

Y'll be amazed.
Then you can do scripts and do it all, once at a time. There were a strange mistake with lower case fields in ACCESS ("select * from new_oracle_tab" was ok, but "select column1 from new_oracle_tab" where the column1 in access were lower case ??).

Hope this helps

J. Meirim

Marcus Doose escreveu na mensagem
<3632EB8E.BB6CC02C_at_public.uni-hamburg.de>...