Re: getting data from Oracle 8 to Oracle 7

From: Daniel Ady Surya <Daniel.Surya_at_mincom.co.id>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 10:29:10 GMT

Stephanie,
Hi...,
Yes, you can import data from Oracle 8 into Oracle 7 using SQL*Loader. In Oracle 8, from SQLPLUS, type like this:

set linesize ..... (as requirement, if 1 row has length 100, you can fill this with 100 or more)
set heading off
spool ...... (file name, send the output to filename) use select command to select data that you want. spool off

After doing this, you will get an output file and you can open this file using Excel and save this file with another name (save as CSV type).
Now you have CSV file, this file will be used by SQL*Loader. SQL*Loader need a control file to read CSV file that you have created. To create a control file, you can look at some examples of control file which can be found at $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo. More information about SQL*Loader,
see Oracle7 Server Utility User's Guide. Okay Stephanie, I Hope this help you.
Regards,

Daniel AS
IT Consultant

Stephanie Wood <steph2000_at_home.com> wrote in article <BtIX1.15$ps1.165081_at_news.rdc1.sfba.home.com>...