Re: Hierarches

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 17 Oct 1998 14:41:37 GMT

All these posts are seeing the problem differently. The problem is that you asked your question without being precise. The "structural" answer to your question is 1) Set up a recursive table structure. i.e. the table references itself.

The how do you get the information out asnwer is: 2) The easiest way to query the structure is using a connect by

The how do you build an app answer is:
3) Building an app to nicely support a recursive structure is a matter of style and preference.

You should maybe try to explain what you need to know a little better.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.