Re: IMPORT error: ORA-1630

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: 1998/10/13

Brian Yan wrote in message <36229B85.5D36_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>...
>I am importing a big schema to a new schema. It fails when it is
>importing a big table (contains five millions rows). The error message
>is: ORA-1630: Max # (505) extents reached on TEMP tablespace. I noticed
>that the TEMP tablespace was created without specifying the storage
>parameters. I am wondering what cause the problem and how can I fix it.
>Thank you in advance for your help!

Probably, temp tablespace was out of extents while creating a big index. So alter tablespace storage properties by giving proper initial and next extent size. For example if you expect, that index size is about 50Megs you must ensure, that sum of temp extents is able to reach size above size of index plus some overhead.
BTW, while importing it maybe usefull to create additional large temp tablespace for user performing import and set large initial & next. After importing you may simply drop that tablespace.

HTH,
Piotr Kolodziej
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message