Re: sqsh like tool for oracle?

From: Tom Poindexter <tpoindex_at_nyx10.nyx.net>
Date: 1998/10/12

In article <3621FDA0.E0763CB0_at_interpath.net>, Chris Hardison <chris.hardison_at_interpath.net> wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Does anyone out there know of a sqsh like tool for oracle? For those of
>you who don't know about sqsh, it is similar to isql for sybase or
>sqlplus for oracle. The big difference is that it is free and very
>feature rich.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not entirely like sqsh, but worth checking out is my 'Wosql', part of Oratcl. Here's the short list:

	-X11 or Windows, GUI based
	-save/load SQL, save/print results, SQL buffer (recal/edit previous SQL)
	-easy data dictionary access (tables, indices, views, procedures)
	-written in Tcl/Tk with my Oratcl extension
	-full source, of course, available & supported since since 1993
	-Sybase sister program 'Wisql', similar features (Tcl/Tk/Sybtcl)

Follow my web page for info and links.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex_at_nyx.net