Porting application to Oracle:

From: Randal Chapman <Randalc_at_corprasoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:51:47 -0500

Hello group.

I am brand new to Oracle, but I have had extensive experience in MS SQL Server and Sybase products. I now find myself needing to convert a SQL server app I wrote to Oracle. The app is 3 tier and has MTS DLL components that communicate to the database using RDO (the components are written in VB).

I stumbled my way through setup, and creating the tables, but I am having a [Quoted] [Quoted] hard time with ODBC and the proper connect string I need. Also, is ODBC even the way I should go? The tools that come with Oracle seem extremely unfriendly - does anyone have a recommendation for a third party tool that is more intuitive like DB Artisan?

Help - I feel like I'm taking a test that I didn't study for (even though I'm reading all I can!).

_Randal Received on Thu Oct 08 1998 - 22:51:47 CEST

Original text of this message