Re: Trying to run a SELECT...INTO SQL Command

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/10/02

A copy of this was sent to "Peter DeSimone" <pdesimone_at_sageus.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:58:34 -0500, you wrote:

>When I run this SQL Command through the SQL tool in Oracle, I get the error
>below it:
>
>SELECT tsp.TSP_COMPONENTS.ID AS LEVEL0ID, tsp.TSP_COMPONENTS.NAME AS
>LEVEL0NAME, tsp.TSP_COMPONENTS.ABBREVIATION AS LEVEL0Abbreviation INTO
>tsp.Level_0
>FROM tsp.TSP_COMPONENTS
>WHERE (((tsp.TSP_COMPONENTS.COMPONENT_LEVEL)=0));
>

>Error Message.
>
>ORA-00905: missing keyword
>
>This syntax works correctly with Ms SQL and Access, why should Oracle work
>differently...

because they didn't follow our lead :)

>I want the INTO command to put INTO a new table called TSP.LEVEL_0.

create table tsp.level_0
as
select .....

>Thanks..
>
>Peter DeSimone
>pdesimone_at_sageus.com

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.