Re: Designer/2000 problem, help!

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 17:45:52 +0300

Run SQL*Plus as repository owner and run scripts for invalid packages.

But first try to check scripts files - is there any binary data in this files? If yes, then this file is corrupted by Oracle Installer. Copy correct versions from CD-ROM to your PC.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you will need more assistance.

Good Luck.

cyril.gordon_at_usa.net wrote:

> Here is a little more about my problem. I found out that two packages
> are invalid after the repository creation: CK_UTIL and RMMAC. I used
> recreate->package but it only created more invalid objects. I tried to
> create an application from the Repository object navigator. I got the
> following errors:
>
> RME 223 Failed to open new activity
> RME 222 Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
> RME 011 Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed
> RME 020 Internal API error: ORA 6508 PL/SQL couldn't find program unit being
> called.
>
> I guess I really need those packages. But how do I recreate them without
> rebuilding the whole repository?
>
> Help!
>
> Thanks!
>
> In article <6utr8o$ukf$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> cyril.gordon_at_usa.net wrote:
> > Dear Experts,
> >
> > I am trying to play with Designer/2000, v2.1. After installation is complete
> > I use Designer/2000 Repository Administration Utility to create a repository.
> > I then add user SCOTT using Repository Maintenance/Maintain Users function.
> > When I connect as SCOTT/TIGER, I get an Application System window. When I
> > try to create an application TEST I get the following error message:
> >
> > RME-00011: Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed
> > RME-00011: Operation 'INS' on ci_application_systems has failed
> >
> > The "Cause/Action' window recommends to examine other error messages for
> > specific details but there are no other errors! For some reason an API
> > operation request has failed, it says.
> >
> > Do you know what I did wrong? Have I missed some important steps during the
> > installation? Please help!
> >
> > E-mail me at: cyril.gordon_at_usa.net.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Cyril

> > http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoftmpc.msk.su
http://www.dd.ru