Re: How to suppress output on screen in SQLPLUS?

From: monton <monton_at_qni.com>
Date: 1998/09/30

You can route the output by doing the following :

sqlplus userid/password _at_somescript.sql > output.log

This will run on Unix without a problem.

All output will be routed to the output.log file and nothing will appear on the screen. Of course, utilize a password protection script so no one will be able to do a "ps -ef | grep sqlplus" and see your password. If you need assistance with that, just let me know.

By the way, make sure you have an exit string inside your script to exit out of the sqlplus session, otherwise, it will just sit there and then you'll have to do a kill -9 on it.

Keith D. Monton
monton_at_qni.com