Re: Forms 4.5 to Forms 5.0 conversion

From: Arnold Schommer <aschommer_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:55:54 +0200

D Morrow wrote:

> Am interested in converting existing application developed in Forms 4.5
> (D2K 1.3.2)
> to Forms 5.0 (D2K 2.1).
>
> Has anyone experienced any problems with just converting forms, libraries,
> menus to Forms 5.0??

I've not yet ported anything completely, but i have a first experience:

I had a toolbar in an Forms 4.5 application consisting of several forms-modules. It was declared once and referenced in the other modules. This does not work without further work in forms 5 because in forms 5 you _have_ _to_ declare the window which the toolbar-canvas refers to. Forms 4.5 didn't worry about a toolbar that was given within the window but not vice versa.

Greetings

Arnold Received on Wed Sep 30 1998 - 16:55:54 CEST

Original text of this message