Personal Oracle 7.3 JDBC TCP listener

From: <frederic.bataille_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:13:46 GMT

I really need help ...

Hi, I would like to connect an applet Java to Personal Oracle 7.3 on Windows 95 using Oracle jdbc thin driver !

So I need TCP listener running on the database. This does not appear to be done automatically when I start the database.

I went to the directory on my machine where Personal Oracle is installed. I double click on the Lsnrctl.exe file in the bin directory . In the dos window I typed "start". This program starts the services listed in the orawin95\Network\Admin\listener.ora file:

LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

#        (ADDRESS =
#         (PROTOCOL = TCP)
#         (Host = Default)
#         (Port = 1521)
#       )
       (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = 127.0.0.1)
(Port = 1521)
) # (ADDRESS = # (PROTOCOL = SPX) # (Service = Default_lsnr) # )

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = ORCL)
    )
  )

It should start a listener called orcl on port 1521. But instead there are these error messages :

TNS-12538: TNS: This protocol adapter doesn't exist
TNS-12560: TNS: Adapter protocol error
TNS-00508: This protocol adapter doesn't exist

Can I connect Personal Oracle 7.3 with jdbc thin ? What is the problem ? If somebody knows this situation please help me, bye

Frèd