Re: Indexes and Maxextents

From: Peter Broadfield <GBH3R4BR_at_IBMMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:28:42 +0100

Stuart,
hello again.
When you are inserting into tables, this is done within a transaction. If the transaction fails (due to an index filling up) then the whole transaction will 'ROLLBACK'. So the data will not be in the table for the current transaction.

Comitting every row would mean only one row would fail but would impact performance.

--
Regards Pete