Re: How to connect to Oracle8

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 1998/09/22

Hi,
you don't specify from which product you're trying to connect. It should definitely work with, for example, SQL*Plus. If not, try beq-local in the connection string. Some products might require the tcp-loopback. In that case you'd have to install Net8 Server and use tcp-loopback as the connection string.
And, well, it might be a trivial remark, check if the database is running (services OracleServiceORCL, OracleStartORCL must be started).

HtH,

--
Pavel Polcar