Re: VT220 -> Developer 2000 Character Mode

From: (wrong string) ío <jgonzalezsuareNO_at_SPAMnexo.es>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 01:14:11 GMT

I think your problem is that, in vt220 platfrorm, default entering data mode is "replace". and in Windows, the default mode is "insert" (even in Windows 3.x, there is no replace mode and I had problem with it in the past!).

Look at the bottom right of your VT screen. There is shown the mode. You can toggle insert and replace modes pressing Ctrl+a (I don't know at this moment if you can switch modes programatically).

Another possible solution is setting the Auto Skip property true for that item. Thus, when the user has entered the forth digit, the focus jumps to the next navigation item. But now this other item will receive the extra digit, so maybe you are only delaying the problem.

El Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:21:46 +0100, Noel O'Brien <noel_at_paragon.ie> escribio:
> I am having problems with character based 4.5 forms running on VT220
> Numeric Fields -
> Say you have a numeric field which is four digits long. If you type in
>5 digits, the four digit entered is overwritten with the fifth digit. Can this
>be prevented?
>
> i.e. when running a 4.5 form on a 95/NT machine, you are prevented
>from entering the fifth digit.

Hoping to be helpful.

--
Regards!