Re: Oracle Performance Tuning Tools

From: Craig S. Mullins <cmullins_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1998/09/10

Regarding recent postings from Mr. Satar Naghshineh
(satar_at_my-dejanews.com) and "No Name Supplied"
(jmw42969_at_glaxowellcome.com):

Normally, Platinum Technology, Inc. would not respond to newsgroup postings stating opinions, whether positive or negative, regarding any of our software products. False accusations are another matter. The original posting in this thread from Morris asked a legitimate question regarding a certain tool from Platinum. The response from Platinum was simply the name of the product and the related URL. Short and to the point, without product hype, simply providing an informational service to the newsgroup users.

As for the quality of SQL-Station products, let the reviews and awards speak for themselves. You can find independent reviews from PC Week, InfoWorld, and OReview at the following URL:
http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/suite2.htm#art

Additionally, customer quotes can be found within the "What's new" page, found at:
http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/sql_new.htm

Platinum will continue to refrain from reacting on any opinion-based postings regarding our products in the future, but we felt obliged to reply to this defamatory message.

Sincerely,
Craig S. Mullins
VP, Marketing and Operations
Platinum Technology, Inc.
Database Management Division Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message