How to get Win9x/NT file registration information

From: Steven Peacock <speacock_at_dst-usa.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:14:51 GMT

In our tables, we have stored file names with extensions. Is there a way from within forms to find out which application is associated with that file extension so that we could then invoke it using the HOST command to show the user the file in the appropriate application?

Ideally I would like to emulate the Windows Explorer behavior: I show the user a list of file names, and then they double click on the file name to invoke the application and load the file.

Thanks,

Steven Peacock Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 15:14:51 CEST

Original text of this message