Re: Change base table at run-time with Form 4.5

From: <interld808_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:42:10 GMT

You do not need to change your base table. There are two better solutions.

First, get your test data and your production data into two separate databases with different connect strings, different resource pools, and different security.

Second, if this is not possible, create two separate identical schemas say TEST. and PROD. Remove all schema references from your Forms application (just say EMP not PROD.EMP). Now create a set of personal synonyms for each tester / developer that point to the TEST schema:

CREATE SYNONYM EMP FOR TEST.EMP; Do the same for each production user:

CREATE SYNONYM EMP FOR PROD.EMP; Now your forms will run on two different sets of data depending on who is logged in.

  • Ronald K. Olcott, President
  • Interlude Enterprises
  • interld808_at_aol.com