Re: Forms 4.0 to Forms 4.5/5.0

From: B. Yan <by2_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: 1998/09/03

Daniel Ritter wrote:

> We want to migrate Forms from 4.0 to 4.5 or 5.0
> And DB from 7.0 to 8.0.
>
> Does anybody have expirience in this, are there any difficulties
> to be expected or can we just convert them.
>
> Thanks for Advises.
Our company just converted forms from 4.5 to 5.0 and reports from 2.5 to 3.0. There are some problems you probably be encounting during the conversion. The problems we have, such as the FRM-30161: inconsistent relationship between canvas and window, GPF error when opening or closing a form. But most of them can be solved or worked around. The conversion of reports experiences relatively less problem than forms. Anyway, it does need some works to do the conversion. and you may want to take it into account. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message