Problems with SQL*NET over WAN. Advice needed!

From: <andy_dixon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/01

[Quoted] We are using SQL*NET 2.3.3.0.0 to connect across our WAN to an Oracle 7 database. We are using RDO 2.0 in VB5.

The problem is that the VB program simply hangs after the first query has returned data. I have tried Oracle ODBC driver 2.0.3.1.1 and Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver 2.73.735600 and the symptoms are identical.

Because the problem occurs with both drivers, I am beginning to suspect SQL*NET. Are there any known problems with this over WANs? I got it working fine when connected via a LAN. Are there any tricks I need to employ in VB?

I need to use RDO and not Oracle Objects as we need asynchronous connections (due to delays over WAN), and so that the software is not tied to one database server type.

If anyone can help I would be forever in your debt!

Cheers,

Andrew Dixon