Re: locking a row

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 14:16:21 -0700

You need to write in your message the sql/forms etc that you are using.

People cannot guess what you are doing. Often syntax is the issue not the process.

In general, it is not likely that you should ever need to explicitly lock a record in Oracle.
Let the engine do it. If you need a transaction block with rollback capabilities, add
that to your code.

Mike Krolewski