Re: DESCRIBE the entire database

From: Oracleguru <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 1998/08/27

Hi !

Here is the script that you are looking for:

REM

REM     Author     : Oracleguru
REM     Date       : 01/28/94
REM     File Name  : describe_tables.sql
REM     Usage      : On sqlplus prompt enter: _at_describe_tables
REM     Description: Describes Tables and Views in Oracle Database.
REM
REM                  To describe objects in a user's Schema
REM                  add the line
REM                     and owner = upper('&1') below
REm                  and on sqlplus prompt enter:
REM                     _at_describe_tables user_id
REM                  It is assumed that you can access that user's objects.
REM
set heading off feedback off verify off wrap on pause off prompt
prompt Description of Tables and Views is being sent to prompt file $HOME/rep/describe_tables.lst prompt
prompt Please wait ....
set termout off
spool desc1.sql
prompt spool $HOME/rep/describe_tables.lst prompt set termout off
select 'prompt Description of '||object_type,object_name,
'prompt Owned by '||owner||'                                        ',
'desc '|| object_name from all_objects
 where ( object_type = 'TABLE' or

         object_type = 'VIEW' )
order by owner, object_type, object_name /
prompt prompt
prompt prompt

prompt prompt .                     ********** END OF REPORT **********

sysdev_at_adpsystems.mb.ca wrote in article <6rs5fu$4ut$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...