Pro*C/C++ 8.0

From: johnchiu <johnchiu_at_ican.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 22:58:21 -0400

I had installed Developer/2000 and PRO*C 8.0 and tried to pre-compile the sample1.pc (this program file comes with the software in the SAMPLES library) using the following command under DOS

proc iname=sample1.pc include=d:\orawin95\pro80\c\include

the precompilation was completed with no error. then I compiled sample1.c with my C compiler

cc -Id:\orawin95\pro80\c\include sample1.c

and linked the object by

lcclnk sample1.obj d:\orawin95\pro80\lib\sqllib80.lib

then I executed the exe file and got the following runtime error:

'The SAMPLE1.EXE file is linked to missing export CRTDLL.DLL:sqlcxt'

I searched through the C program generated by proc*c and I found that sqlcxt is defined as extern function prototype.

1)Is this defined in sqllib80.lib or elsewhere? 2)Am I follow the proper procedure in compiling and linking the pro*c program?
3)Besides Microsoft C++/Borland C++, does PRO*C supports other C compilers?

Please advise.

Thanks

John Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 04:58:21 CEST

Original text of this message