Re: Storing images in an Oracle database

From: Madhu Cherukuri <madhu.cherukuri_at_xyz.net>
Date: 26 Aug 1998 00:57:45 GMT

You can use Oracle Forms 4.5
to retrieve and display images to screen in GUI environment.

You will have to use long raw data type for this purpose. I'm not sure how to put them into the database in batch. But Forms can help to read from a OS file (like jpeg, tiff, bmp etc. Oracle Forms supports certain types of image formats) and display to the screen in an application and also store it to the database on a single file basis

HTH Madhu Cherukuri