Multiple Columns in REPORTS

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:23:36 -0400

[Quoted] I have a very straight forward report in REPORTS 3.0. It retrieves sales figures from a transaction table. The only column being returned is the item category, coupled with a count(*), and grouped by the category. With nearly 1500 category codes, the report is extremely lengthy, but also very narrow. It would be great if REPORTS allowed for multiple columns on a single page (like a word processor). The entire report would hen only be a few pages. As yet, I've been unable to figure out a way to do this. Has anyone run accross this issue before? Has anyone solved this problem? What I want is something like this:

CATEGORY COUNT CATEGORY COUNT CATEGORY COUNT

A              5        D              11       G              9
B              7        E              19       H              6
C              10       F               3       I              99

TIA
Ed Jennings

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com