Re: Printing in forms4.5/v5

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:23:04 GMT

"Richard Platt" <Rick.Platt_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anybody give their opinion on the fastest method of printing under
>windows via forms, we are upgrading an old form3 application, which used
>to use passthrough printing on a dumb screen to generate reciepts. This had
>to been done via a user exit.
>
>I thought things would be easire under windows, but they aren't really. I
>can't see that kicking off a reports 2.5/3 program to generate a receipt
>would be feasible.
>
>I would appreciate any comments.
>
>Richard Platt

The only way I have found to print data returned in a Form application( if the data is more than is displayed on one screen ) is to send the results to a report and print the report - I have a trigger that does this and if you would find it useful I would be happy to send it to you - it is easily modified so you could use it in your app .

Email me at john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us if interested

John Greco
Oracle DBA/Application Developer
MnDOT Human Resource Office

Note: if the data can be shown on one screen, then use the print function on the File menu.( or Print Screen )

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Tue Aug 25 1998 - 17:23:04 CEST

Original text of this message