IMPort Utility

From: Dan DiNardo <dinardo_at_NOSPAM.ascentinc.com>
Date: 16 Aug 1998 03:57:21 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Is there any way to optimize the process of importing a table/indexes using the IMPort utility? i.e. Can LOGGING be turned off for the database while importing the table? Should logging be turned off at the database, tablespace or table? What is the most effective?

I have a dump file created from the EXPort utility with a single table (300,000+) records and several indices. My Solaris 2.51 box is taking an incredibly long time (8+ hours) to import this dump file. Every attempt thus far has resulted in this error or that; i.e. REDO log space allocation.
I'd like to get down to the business of dealing with the reasons the import is failing, but the delay between error messages is stifling.

TIA,
Dan DiNardo
ddinardo_at_fremontcomp.com Received on Sun Aug 16 1998 - 05:57:21 CEST

Original text of this message