Q: Oracle ODBC failure

From: <delaneys_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:24:42 GMT

We have Oracle SQL*Net libraries installed on Solaris 2.5.1 server with Oracle 7.3.2 running on NT server.

When logging into Solaris thru the Corporate LAN and then running perl programs using Perl DBD/DBI either from the command line or from a Web browser I don't have any problems. The results set is sucessfully returned from Oracle.

I have the Oracle ODBC drivers installed on my PC and thought that if I dial-up through the LAN and access ORACLE via ODBC using VisData (ODBC tool that came with Visual Basic) from my PC it would work. I suspect I probably need SQL*Net for Win95 but can't locate it. Any ideas on how to get this working given what I have available to work with? All hints are welcome; [Quoted] thanks in advance.