Session Idle Time and Pro*C pipe daemon

From: Michelle Warner <delonda_at_radium.ncsc.mil>
Date: 1998/08/12

Hello all. If I have disabled my client session on the PLSQL cartridge do I still need to set a Maximum session idle time? The problem I am having is that I have a Pro*C daemon running to handle dbms.pipe calls and I am having to kill the daemon every morning and restart it otherwise my page that is trying access the daemon is frozen. Once I restart the daemon, everything is fine. Now I believe the daemon upon start up makes a connection to the database. Is it possible that the connection is being lost over a period of time? Also the daemon appears to be taking up/accumulating CPU time even while idle - my SA would like it not to do that, so any ideas on how to limit that would also be helpful.

Any help on the above will be well recieved. Thanks in advance.\

Michelle Received on Wed Aug 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message