Re: Oracle vs Access

From: Yoki <yoki_at_miwashi.se>
Date: 1998/08/11

[Quoted] Someone mentioned in an article, "take this sorry a** discussion out off..."

I agree it is very annoying to read articles claiming that Internet Explorer is a better appilcation than Netscape as they won the browser war even if it was free, but...

I have lots of opinons on when to recomend using Oracle and when to recomend using Access. They are two totally different products that fill their own nich of the market. I am very eager to learn when (as I am not convinced that Access is up to it) you can do bussiness critical solutions with Access and many of the replies to this thread has given me insight in the current status of Access.

I realy do find articles, claiming or showing "actual" statistics, about the performance of the two products very useful, even if I'd like to see the crappy fanatic articles somewhere else.

Giving the "good" info that I am able to gather every now and then....

Long live this thread