SQL*Loader bad file problem

From: Jake Battle <jbattl_at_sapient.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:04:17 -0400

I am trying to load a table from a wide data file (> 2500 characters per record) and SQL*Loader is having problems with the bad file. When it hits a bad file SQL*Loader returns the error

SQL*Loader-523: error -2 writing to file (proc.bad)

I am running Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris. I don't think it is a file permissions problem because the log file gets created correctly. I think it may have to do with the large record size. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Jake Battle
jbattl_at_sapient.com Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 22:04:17 CEST

Original text of this message