Re: Oracle JDBC driver + Netscape Communicator

From: Andrei Filimonov <andrei.filimonov_at_supersolution.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:25:34 -0500

Alexander G Bozhik wrote in message <6qcb44$i20$1_at_isd.anet.donetsk.ua>...
>>>I am using the Thin JDBC driver 7.3.4 and Netscape Communicator 4.5b1.
>>>When I try to open a connection to the Oracle 8.0.3 database with the
JDBC
>>>DriverManager.getConnection method, I get AppletSecurityException :
>>>
>>>security.Couldn't connect to '(My Oracle-host)' with origin from 'My
>>>Web-host'
>
>In a JDK 1.1.1 based web browser, such as Netscape 4.*, an applet
>can request socket connection privileges and, if the user grants them,
>the applet can connect to a database running on a different host from
> the web server host.

Well that's really puzzling situation. My guess is try to check CLASSPATH on your client machine. Probably it points to some classes that are used in the applet. In that case you'll get security exception.

Andrei Filimonov Received on Thu Aug 06 1998 - 17:25:34 CEST

Original text of this message