Re: SQL*LOADER - Question

From: Markus Spohn <mspohn_at_brockhaus-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:38:15 +0200

Hi Juan Carlos!

I had the same problem and my solution was to load the data into an interim or PL/SQL table. After loading the data into this table i can easily select the data i want to select. SQL* Loader is not too powerful and comfortable and i think it's not worth it to play around with that tool. Using this solution saves a lot of time and is, by the way, easy to handle!

Greeting
Markus.

Juan Carlos Rodriguez schrieb:

> Hello !
>
> I have a problem loading data with SQL*LOADER.
> The datafile to load has 4 variable length fields terminated by commas.
> I only need two fields but they aren't contiguous.
>
> For example, supose this data file:
> 1,"one","first","A"
> 2,"two","second","B"
> 3,"three","third","C"
> We only need the columns 1 and 3, discarding the columns 2 and 4.
>
> Any suggestion ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Juan Carlos Rodriguez
> D.B. Administrator