pl/sql problem

From: Givenname Surname <givenname.surname_at_nxx.nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:40:47 +0300

Hi!
[Quoted] I am quite new with pl/sql and I am asking how to do this:

I am reading a file using UTL_FILE, from that file I should get parameters to SELECT clause (WHERE something = something_from_the_file). How do I send these values to SELECT clause. Output should be more than just one line from the query.
I am trying with something like this:

DECLARE
file_in UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
file_out UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
my_var NUMBER;
line_buf VARCHAR2(1023);
line_out VARCHAR2(1023);

BEGIN
file_in := UTL_FILE.FOPEN('/directory', ' my_file.txt', 'r');

LOOP
UTL_FILE.GET_LINE(file_in, line_buf);
-- some lines to get out my_var (they work just fine)

--IF line includes something i want THEN
SELECT something
INTO line_out
FROM somewere
WHERE something_else = my_var;
[Quoted] UTL_FILE.GET_LINE(file_out, line_out);

END LOOP;
Everything else seems to be fine except that select-thing. Thanks for advance
Marko Received on Thu Jul 30 1998 - 15:40:47 CEST

Original text of this message