Excel Visual Basic with Oracle

From: Derek P. Forrest <forrest_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:57:29 -0700

Hello,

        I'm using a Excel spreadsheet to access data on a remote database. I can query the database with visual basic in excel, and i can use where clause to get the exact information i need. However, instead of hard coding the where clause i want to let the user specify what they want by passing a parameter via a input box. The problem is i dont know how to pass the parameter from visual basic to sql.

        I'm wondering if anyone knows of any books that would be helpful; a book containing info on Oracle-visual basic or Oracle-excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~forrest

Thank you,

Derek Forrest Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 23:57:29 CEST

Original text of this message