OO4O and Row Locking

From: TimKArnold <timkarnold_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 Jul 1998 00:03:39 GMT

Hi,
Anybody using 'oradynaset.dbedit' to do row locking in VB?

Scenario: User 1 gets record x after executing oradynaset.dbedit

              User 2  tries to do the same.  There is an ora 54 error, but
              the app dies anyway. I cannot seem to trap the error.

              I would prefer to know if the record is locked before trying
              dbedit.
              I'm opening the db ORADB_NOWAIT 'without waiting for locks'.
              If I open the database with  'wait for locks'  option, the app
goes
              to sleep for User 2 in the above scenario.

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA,
Tim Received on Sat Jul 18 1998 - 02:03:39 CEST

Original text of this message