locking master-detail records.

From: <shashism_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:46:47 GMT

Hi,

I am working on a Banking Application with Forms 4.5 and Oracle 7.x

When I say Update in the master-detail form, all the corresponding records ( the master record and all the detail records) has to be locked immediately so that no other user or session updates any of the records of that relationship.

As for as my knowledge goes, I think Oracle Locks only the updated/changed record of that relationship at commit-time. This will affect some of the rows of that relationship where I am storing the totals/subtotals of that relationship.

Anyone unclear about my question and willing to help me please contact me.

Hoping a possible solution.

Thanks,
Shashidhar S M
shashism_at_rocketmail.com