Re: Forms 5 - A bug fix??

From: <ng3243_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 07:49:28 GMT

In article <1998070619331376740_at_zetnet.co.uk>,   Richard Fairbairn <r.fairbairn_at_zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

> I heard through the grapevine that Forms 5 is merely all the things
> that Forms 4.5 was meant to be but never was. Can someone enlighten
> me on the subject?

and add more bug into it. The funny thing about this version it need oracle server 7.3.4 and above , if not you take more than 10 time long to compile. I have a form compile under oracle 8.0 it took about 20 second to compire and run. But took 3 minute and 25 second under oracle 7.3.2.3.1.

> Also, A colleague of mine told me never to use the copy and paste
> properties feature of Forms 4.5 because it would corrupt any form I
> was developing. Is this true?

It is true for release 1.2 but it stable after release 1.3.2