Re: Which port does SQL*Net use?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/07/03

[Quoted] [message copied to sender's e-mail address] Yat-Fan wrote in message <6nc6ku$edi_at_ustsu10.ust.hk>...

>Is it that SQL*Net can be set to be dynamically binded?

Port numbers for the listener (server) and SQl*Net clients is specified in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory for Oracle 7.x and in the $ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin. Check the files listener.ora and tnsnames.ora

> In UNIX, we see that
>in /etc/services, the SQL*Net port is binded to 1521/1526, but I don't see
>such an entry in any of our NT installations

You'll find the services, host, lmhosts and other network text configuration [Quoted] files on NT in the directory WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Jul 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message