Re: DBMS_SQL problem

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 16:03:46 GMT

Forms 4.5 uses PL/SQL version 1, which cannot handle package variables like the "dbms_sql.v7" in your parse call. I get around this by using the number 1 in place of dbms_sql.v7. I think it is the value of the variable that you want to pass to the parse procedure.

As for another response recommending Forms_DDL, that command is fine unless you need to get something back from the database. Forms_DDL is a one-way street.

Hope this helps.
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
Downloadable QA Utility Form: Display and update any table.